Sunday, March 27, 2011

What a weekend!

Boy what a weekend!  Our girls had softball games Friday and Saturday.  We lost both games, unfortunately.  The real excitement came last night when the storms came thru and we had an old, mostly dead, very large tree struck by lightning!  The lightning caught the tree on fire and we had to call the fire dept to put it out.  Plus it knocked out our tv/internet equipment, a computer and a stereo!  I must say it was a bit nerve-wracking but I am also awed at the thought of what could have happened!  G-d was definitely watching over us as the tree is only 30-40 feet away from the house and only 20 feet or so away from a large propane tank!  It could have been a disaster but G-d was and is in control and kept us safe!

The girls and I have our work cut out for us this week, getting things sorted and settled.  We still have a lot of stuff just sitting around, needing to be put up.  I want to get things organized and get us back on track with our home, schooling and spiritual trains.  :)

PLUS we need to get our garden in!! My goodness, time is flying!  We bought  a few things and put them in containers, so at least we have a few things going....peppers, tomatoes, herbs.  But I have a lot more to put in.  I am biting at the bit to try out a few things.....3 sisters gardening and square foot gardening.  Just so much to do and not enough time in the day!  :)  Guess I need to become an EARLY riser!

On that note....good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment